Wednesday, January 28, 2009

TIME, a stream of consciousness

—can both flash and stand still
Depends on where you are, in your life, your mind
In love?
And when in love,
The time spazzes most violently
You yearn for its spokes to slow, to savor each second
Or when you’re in the missing, you swat it to scurry
You light a match, beneath its heel, hoping it runs faster
And as age gets me, time finds a steady stride
And that light, that flicker, rides along
Knowingly

When I was seven,
Frozen in the fettered photograph
My father’s cap, my face in shadows

I thumb the frame, dust puffs rise
And I focus to see the reflection of the camera
In Grandfather’s eye
Hoping to learn the secret
To living.

Flash.
A photograph.
A second.

d
e
v
e
l
o
p

envelop

me, in this place where space
and time do not exist
and there’s me
and there’s you
and there’s we.

Expansion, compression,
Division, dimension.


Let’s seize this, and slip into
A mindset where we justify our demons
And leave out all the rest,
For time’s sake.

On the back of a box of tea I read the wisdom
To revel.
And I warmed the water
Dipped the satchel
And sat with myself in
My minute, in my mind,
And when I tipped the tip of the
Cup to my lips, it was
cold.

The slave owner, the evil stepsister,
The embezzler who sucks you for all you’ve made
And then blows you off a cliff

What about Prometheus?
Does he hold the concept of time
In his clenched fist, behind his back
While the vultures sift and pick his insides?
And in heaven, if time becomes suspended,
How do you make memories, and what
Do you make of moments?
And what then, of Satan’s understanding
Of the burden, the weight, the silent killer
Of slowly churning seconds
Charred
burning his ability
To recognize what is
Hallucination, and what
Is all from within
himself?

Living in my today, I see the choice I’ve made
To be content
But todays don’t have worths without
Making plans, being patient,
For the tomorrows.

Torture
Insight
Mind’s
Eye

Never enough t—

No comments:

Blog Archive