Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.

Suffering, is a choice.
And, so is happiness.
You have the option, and just how cool is that?

You can be healthy and young and in shape, but stress starts to pick away at your telomeres that protect your DNA from destruction, making you age at a much faster pace. That freaks me out, and now I'm causing it to happen even more swiftly by worrying over worrying.

I want to work on my "word" being "impeccable"--to not use them against myself or against others. I also want to learn not to take things too personally and to stop making assumptions. These are the tips I've been looking into from this Toltec wisdom book. The only thing is, besides the fact that it would be hard to do any of the aforementioned, is that doing these 'harmful' things have become this part of me- this punishable baby girl whose wrist I slap but whose sparkly eyes get me every time. If she's forced to go, what will become of this new, transformed me? It's in our nature to fear change, and embracing it seems best. But I don't know what it's like to literally look at the world in a completely new way. Like a child, vulnerable and terrified and in awe of what the trees look like when love sings from the tips of branches.

That's what this book seems to be promising me.

So I can choose to convince myself that I'm taking steps in the right direction. Becoming more WISE, yes.

In the meantime, I'm going to continue to drink love from the speakers of my laptop. Without my little soundtrack I'm blaring, these quizzes would never be scored. Motivation, you are my bitch lover.

No comments:

Blog Archive