Thursday, February 21, 2008

Giving Notice

I don't have this post grounded in a precise idea, necessarily. No story, no moment. Just--a feeling. And an incredible one.

Today, I feel like I'm a participant, an active and happy, hopeful participant, in my own life. I am completely bombarded with a million thoughts and obligations and underground fears of impossible expectations and romantic imaginings...but, I am perfectly content. I am not passing through the day hoping for much more. I am not waiting on a tomorrow that makes me feel my today has worth. Even if I lose sleep, even if I never get around to cleaning my room, even if my feelings are hurt, even if I'm so far from who I know I can and want to be, my life is in a good place, for myriad reasons.

And I just wanted to write, as more of a self-reminder for when this joy becomes veiled in ineluctable strife, that this feeling exists. That, even in loss or confusion, springs a chance for growth.

No comments:

Blog Archive